Friday, September 12, 2008

Should've done t his yesterday...

So here I go a day late, but copying a friend of mine as to what 9/11 means to me. I was going to comment, but I felt I needed to blog about it myself as well.
I believe that this day, 9/11, will always affect everyone because it hit so close to home. Here goes the old saying, "I never thought it would happen to me/us." Unfortunately, I believe Americans feel invincible because most of the things do not happen on our land. When a tragedy of this magnitude stricks, it brings each and every one of us closer. We forget about our neighbors that we hate and mourn the lose of strangers together. Maybe we should be this way everyday-not just on the anniversary of a tragedy. We praise the heros from this day, but cower from fear ourselves. This should be a lesson learned for all of us. Why can't we all get along? Sound familiar, huh? Let's throw out the frivolous lawsuits, stop protesting because it's cool or politically correct, help your neighbor/family instead of being nosy, support the troops in what they do-not just to get them home for your own reasons(that's selfish)...need I go on? The stronger we can make ourselves as individuals and come together as the United Nation that we are, we will be invincible!

No comments: