Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Twilight

So, I'm hoping to go the midnight showing of "Twilight". I'm half way through the first book and I absolutely love it! I am so in love with Edward! If I wasn't married (yes, happily) I would probably search the rest of my life for this man...er...vampire. What is it about vamps anyway? Is it eternal youth, immortality, or sheer power that makes them sexy? I guess it would have to be a combination of things...you know the fluid way they move, the dark eyes filled with passion (of course the passion is to suck your blood, but that's besides the point!), the way they stalk their "prey"...Let's just say that a vampire is my favorite type of character at the moment! Have no worries though, just the other day it was the James Bond type!
I guess this proves to me that I do live in a fantasy land! Yes, I was the girl in school that was shy, never talked, didn't date (I won't go there!), but I did daydream. To this day I catch myself daydreaming about anything. Sometimes it is the "what ifs", but usually I am a highly trained assasin working undercover for the goverenment...ok so I won't bore you with the details.
I believe my imagination to my fantasy world is active enough, that I should have a bookshelf full of best sellers, but I will admitt I'm a little chicken to put it all on paper. The good news: my imagination grows with each book I read (no not with perjury!).
Anywho, back to Edward!! I'm afraid this Twilight series is going to be the kind I can read over and over again! I really hope I don't get myself too hyped up for the movie, I don't want to be disappointed. It's a good idea for my husband not to watch the movie-then he won't feel so bad when I ask him to grow some hair on his head, shave his beard, and introduce role playing in the bedroom!! I think I'll call him Edward!

1 comment:

Sissi M. said...

Now this is the kind of writing you would be excellent at! Have you thought about creating your own Vampire fantasy story? There are no writing rules to paranormal romance. Love your description of the book and Edward:o) I can't wait for the movie!