Monday, May 11, 2009

So sad....

I heard some disturbing news tonight. I volunteer at the park (where my kids play little league), I work concession on Monday nights. The concession manager shared some information with me that left me with a sick stomach.
In the paper today, there was a small article about a West Melbourne getting hit by a truck during a dispute. Well, this family is well known at the park. The couple have 7 children with one on the way. Unfortunately, during this dispute ( I don't know all of the details) the woman got tangled up with the trailer that was on the back of the truck. I heard she was drug (200 ft-?) and got messed up pretty badly. She lost the baby and is in intensive care at the hospital. This news is extremely sad because this woman-well family-is one of the nicest families around the park-kids included. I am very sad because I was just thinking of her today. There was an idea to have a diaper drive for her and I was wondering when it was suppose to be...then this tragedy. I am beside myself. I didn't have any words of comfort for my friend (concession manager-she knows the family) because I am at a loss. This woman might die and leave her seven children!
Ugh! I got out of bed to write this hoping it would make me feel better. Not so much. Even if this woman gets well, it will never have a happy ending because a life was lost-her son. I am so sorry for her that my heart is breaking!
I am sorry that I have made you depressed from reading this. Maybe it's a reminder just how lucky some of us are...

2 comments:

Sissi M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sissi M. said...

Great, I'm at work reading this in tears. All I can think about is my two boys and what they would have to go through without me, let alone my hubster. I couldn't even imagine her seven kids and husband she would leave behind. My prayers are for them today. God bless. *sniff*