Monday, August 11, 2008

Ugh...

Here it is. Monday again! Ugh!! I don't think it would be so bad, but this job is getting old. Let me be more specific. I work in an industry that is not doing well and hasn't been for a while. Give up? Yes, the boating industry. Orders are down to a point that ALL of the employees are down to 32 hrs/wk. Well, most of us anyway...there are a few that get away with 40 hrs/wk. I see the fairness in that. At first, it was like no big deal. Whoo Hoo! Three day weekend!! Get my drift? Now it's starting to affect my finances in a serious way. So the big question-should I get a part- time job to cover my lost wages? I realize that the economy is having problems, but come on!! If the higher ups in my job would listen to the "little people" (no not midgets) maybe there would be a slight turn around! It's getting aggrevating to the point that I almost don't like my job anymore. I'm tired of the suck assing that goes on...I'm tired of the mess (need organization)...I'm tired of the NO COMMUNICATION! And now I'm tired of not getting a full paycheck! Maybe I'm just trying to find things to pick at...maybe I just need a vacation! Then again I wouldn't get paid for it because I've had to use all of my time to cover all these days we've been off!! UGH!! This is a vicious circle!

1 comment:

Sissi M. said...

As a fellow member of "Ugh..." I feel your pain. My only solace in having "a day off" every week is that I get more laundry done and a few more hours to write...maybe I should start working on my tan.